NERC CIP 5 Interactive Presentation
Utilities & Energy Security & Compliance Solution
Protect Power Grid Assets and Achieve Compliance with Endpoint Threat Prevention, Detection & Response
You are responsible for managing and delivering the world’s most critical resources. As you build more efficient ways of mining and distributing those resources to keep up with demand, your infrastructure is growing in complexity. Shifting from closed proprietary systems to an open Internet Protocol-based architecture allows you to quickly gather magnitudes of sensitive data through your many endpoints and share with all of your stakeholders in real-time. This shift has also made you’re grid more vulnerable to cyberattacks. Locking down all of your endpoints and fixed-function devices, on and off the network, has never been more important.
Your infrastructure is getting smarter, but are you confident that you and your team:
- Can lock down critical systems, block
unauthorized portable devices and secure
- Know every piece of software running
on your endpoints and servers?
- Mitigate weakness in third-partyservices and applications?
- Can protect your aging systems that are running unsupported software?
- Are able to limit applications to those approved for use?
- Detect unauthorized changes to files including configurations and logs?
- Ensure compliance and determine accountability?
Endpoints are Blind Spots that Lead to Liability
If you’ve deployed antivirus on your endpoints—you’re blind to zero-day and other advanced attacks. If you’re relying on scan-based security—you’re missing pockets of time and likely targeted attacks infiltrating your organization. And if you’ve only secured your perimeter—you’re missing any threats that land on your endpoints.
Endpoints are the biggest risk to the industry due to the way people access them, lack of visibility and the inability to continuously monitor and control what/how they are being used.
Secure the Power Grid with the Bit9 + Carbon Black Security and Compliance Solution for the Utilities and Energy Industry
The result is a focused security and compliance program that aligns resources and budgets with real threats and real risk.
Bit9 + Carbon Black’s advanced threat detection, incident response and prevention solution for endpoints and servers help protect the grid and close the security and regulatory gaps exploited by targeted attacks and unknown malware that antivirus solutions cannot stop. Built on a positive security approach, Bit9 + Carbon Black converges compliance and security. The solution provides visibility, detection, response and protection, and automates and manages compliance with NERC, NIST and other standards and regulations.
Gain the ability to:
- Take a policy-driven approach with “Default-Deny” prevention for application control and whitelisting
- Get real-time visibility into your critical system resources
- Mitigate risk with aggregated advanced threat intelligence with our Threat Intelligence Cloud
- Extend the life of and protect your Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP machines while maintaining compliance with compensating security controls of both new and legacy systems
- Detect changes to critical files with file integrity monitoring and control
Cracking the Endpoint: Insider Tips for Endpoint Security
Critical Systems (ICS/SCADA)
Security and Compliance for Windows XP